Neroli flowers (or orange blossoms) are used to extract Neroli hydrosol, a sweet & citrusy floral hydrosol that not only smells gorgeous but also has many beauty benefits for flawless skin and beautiful hair.
Why Use Neroli Hydrosol for Your Skin
- Cleansing – Neroli hydrosol has a deep skin cleansing action that drives out stale sebum, dirt and pollution from deep within the pores. Instead of plain water use neroli hydrosol which contains alpha hydroxy acids that help exfoliate skin and remove impurities.
- Anti-inflammatory – The anti-inflammatory properties of neroli help soothe and calm skin inflammation including acne, eczema, psoriasis, etc.
- Antibacterial – Another reason why this hydrosol is excellent for treating acne and itchy skin issues is its antibacterial properties.
- Cooling – Spray some neroli hydrosol on your heated skin and you’ll experience the most wonderful cooling sensation!
- Astringent – Being extracted from flowers from the bitter orange tree, there’s no surprise that neroli has natural astringent properties that all citrus hydrosols and essential oils including oranges, bergamot and lemon possess.
- Antioxidant – The powerful antioxidants in neroli hydrosol ward off pro-aging free radicals that promote early wrinkles and fine lines.
- Regenerative – Neroli is rich in vitamin C, which is known for its collagen boosting and cell turnover properties. It helps regenerate damaged skin including sunburns and scars.
As a Toner
Having oily and acne-prone skin requires using a toner to prevent over production of sebum. Neroli hydrosol is also good for reducing a puffy face as well as lifting and tightening saggy skin. To use neroli hydrosol as a skin toner, simply spritz on your face after cleansing and patting dry. Rub it in your skin to improve circulation and stimulate lymphatic drainage.
Neroli hydrosol serves as a refreshing natural facial mist. After applying makeup, gently spritz it on your face and dab with a cotton pad to ‘set’ the makeup, keeping your skin matte as well as giving it a fresh and dewy glow, instead of a caked up look.
Cool Down Angry Acne
Cheek acne tends to be red and inflamed most of the time. Spritzing cooling and soothing neroli hydrosol helps immediately calm down the hot, irritated and sensitive skin.
Refresh Overheated Skin
A hot summer night can cause extreme restlessness and insomnia. My solution is spraying a hydrosol be it rose or orange blossom on your neck, upper back, wrists and thighs. After doing this, you feel so cooled down and sleep comes easily.